As Georgia Tech undergraduate programs in civil, computer, electrical, and mechanical engineering are transitioned from Savannah to Atlanta, the Institute is committed to supporting students as they complete their Georgia Tech degrees.
If you had planned to apply to transfer to Georgia Tech-Savannah after Fall 2011, you will need to transfer to Georgia Tech’s Atlanta campus to earn your Georgia Tech degree.
Please work with your campus coordinator for assistance. If you have extenuating circumstances impacting your transfer to the Atlanta campus, your coordinator may work with Georgia Tech officials to review individual cases.
*If you are a student in GTREP at a partner school, please see the requirements for an RETP transfer.
Steps to Complete Your GT Degree as a Transfer Student
- Meet with your Program Coordinator to ensure you have met the regular transfer requirements to apply to Georgia Tech.
- Apply online to transfer to Georgia Tech.
- For spring semester, deadline is October 1.
- For summer semester, deadline is February 1.
- For fall semester, deadline is March 1.
- Apply online for Georgia Tech Housing if you plan to live on campus in Atlanta: http://www.housing.gatech.edu . The application for Spring 2012 will be available online the week of November 7.
- Change your FAFSA Code for Financial Aid to Georgia Tech.
- Sign up for Transfer FASET, an orientation to the Atlanta campus. Georgia Tech has far more resources and opportunities than students will find on their own. This is a great place to find out about them.
- Register for classes at Transfer FASET.