Steps for Current GTS Students to Complete GT Degree in Atlanta:
1. To move to the Atlanta campus, you will need to initiate a “change of campus” with your academic advisor for the term you’ve selected:
- For spring semester, deadline is October 19.
- For summer semester, deadline is February 1.
- For fall semester, deadline is March 1.
NOTE: If you transfer to Atlanta with fewer than 36 credit hours remaining in your degree program, you will earn a Georgia Tech degree with the same “Regional Engineering Program” designator as previous Georgia Tech-Savannah graduates.
If you transfer to Atlanta with at least 36 credit hours remaining in your degree program, your degree will not have the “Regional Engineering Program” designation.
2. Apply online for Georgia Tech Housing if you plan to live on campus in Atlanta: http://www.housing.gatech.edu .The application for Spring 2012 will be available online the week of November 7.
3. Sign up for Transfer FASET, an orientation to the Atlanta campus.
Georgia Tech has far more resources and opportunities than students will find on their own. This is a great place to find out about them.
4. Register for Atlanta-based classes during Phase I registration.